Imagine that you are out for shopping and are exhausted of all the money to shop any further. But you want to shop more. Then, all of a sudden, someone comes and tells you that he will give you credit money if you go to his art gallery next door and watch his paintings for a minute. Can you just imagine how wonderful life would be if that happens for real? Well, this seems something nearly impossible to occur in real life, but this latest marketing strategy is surely gaining momentum in the world of marketing and advertising.
It is one known fact that gamers comprise of 15-20% of mobile users. Most of them play online games, consoles, gaming apps, and embedded games. Rewarded video ads are the reason why games like Clash of Clans and CrossyRoads raked in millions. Currently, more than 40% of the marketing experts and advertisers around the world are using rewarded video ads as a strategy to make their products favorite among users.
Let us find out what is it about rewarded video ads that are being talked about in the world of marketing.
- Freemium of ad world: This type of advertisement format is more cost effective as they initially offer free gifts and rewards for the user in the beginning and then the advanced features are charged for a small fee. As a beginner, this would market your product and will gradually build trust among the user. Once that is done, users will prefer to choose your product over something new.
In fact, App Annie’s recent survey had stated that almost 20% of the advertisers are using this format as a conversion tool and find it completely reliable.
- Nonintrusive ad placement: This is one feature which the marketing community and advertisers are most happy about. The ads don’t pop up while playing a game and the blockers don’t work on this format. This surely is a bonus point for the gamer as well as the advertiser. The gamer won’t be interrupted in the middle of the game. The ads are cleverly placed between the switch in two game levels.
- Offers bonus to the users: This benefit is largely a motivation to play the next round of the game, as stated by many users. Wasn’t this strategy perfectly used by Rovio’s Angry Birds 2? It generated almost twice the revenue that the first game had brought to their table. In return, the publisher gets high eCPM returns.
- User-centric experience: Suppose there are times when a gamer can’t get through a level in the game. Placing the ads at such time surely reciprocates as a power pop for the user. Offering them virtual currency, credit gifts or role change on watching the ad is surely the key. Do you remember how Tap Titans has multiple bonuses when the player destroys the opponent or damages the rival’s property? The strongest point here is that your ads will receive free word-of-mouth publicity as well and that will surely benefit your product.
- Shortened load time: With HD videos with Instant Play access and small bandwidth out in the market, the streaming time of the ad is largely reduced. This itself is a major element why a user will continue to watch the ad and not block it.
Final word: The purpose of every marketing and advertising medium is to monetize his product in the best possible way. The most reliable format in this arena is rewarded video ads, which benefit the advertiser and the user equally. Optimize your marketing and advertising tools using rewarded video ad format and make the most of it.