What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion Rate Optimization is a method used by companies to increase the percentage of their website visitors who take the desired action on their company’s website.
Tools for Conversion Rate Optimization:
Here are some sales tools that boost Conversion Rate Optimization and help in converting ‘Visitors’ into ‘Leads’
usertesting.com is the best tool for getting rapid customer feedback on any customer experience like using websites, mobile apps, prototypes and other real world experiences.
Not just this, you’ll also receive audio and video recordings of real people from your target market, speaking their thoughts as they complete tasks you specify, which will give you an insight into the possible areas of weakness on your website. This feedback tool will provide you with real-time answers to what your audience thinks about your website which in turn will enhance your Conversion Rate Optimization.
2. Website Testing with A/B Tools
Unbounce.com is one of the best website A/B Testing tool which helps build, publish and test responsive landing pages without any knowledge of HTML. This kind of A/B Testing tools allows you to compare the performance of different designs, layout, or text of the same page. But in order to receive correct results all variations must be tested in similar condition, which is also the reason why such tests take longer periods of time.
3. Eye Tracking
There are companies which specialize in finding out what is it that people to come to your website for and what attracts their attention?
Crazyegg is one example, which with help of eye-tracking technology can measure the point of gaze and motion of the human eye. This is one of the top rated tools used by fashion and media websites. There are several case studies which also show how beneficial this tool has been for various companies.
4. The Web Analytics Data
Google Analytics and Lucep.com/blogs are the best examples of this. Google, which is a free tool offered to all website owners. It gathers a vast amount of information about how people behave on your website. Companies usually generate a list of questions with web analytics data to optimize results on their website.Here are set of questions that help to know the areas of development for company’s website;
- Do pages with most views optimize for conversions?
- If no, what is it that needs to be done to drive sales?
- Who are the people who visit your site? In Google Analytics you can see the demographics of your users, their age, location, gender etc.
- Are these people who are visiting your website your potential customers or are you targeting a wrong audience at another place instead?
- What is the workflow of your traffic on your website? Behavior flow is a good way to analyze this.
- Is it easy for customers to find what they are looking for on your website?
- On which pages do you have biggest exit rate?
- If there is a goal flow in your Web Analytic account it will give you leverage to see at which stage of your conversion funnel you have more exits? This is a very important tool if you have several checkout steps and you want to know which of them is problematic to your customers.
5. Scroll & Heat Maps
Allow you to see which areas of a website has the greater level of interaction or how far do visitors scroll down the pages of your website? It also gives a fair comparison of the behavior of new and returning visitors who come from different sources.
There are hundreds of sales tools that can be used depending on which one of them will provide you with a different conversion rate optimization experience. Since every tool comes with its own set of advantages you can keep trying these tools and keep track of which one of them works best for your company’s website? You should also not forget that testing is the only way in which you will be able to optimize your website and give better customer experience.