What is e-Marketing and how to use it to boost profits? On occasion, I get this question. So, in this article I am going to explain e-marketing, what it is, why e-marketing is important/useful, and why e-marketing will become increasingly important in the years ahead.
This article will provide marketers and business owners who are interested in e-marketing, and e-marketers who want to find out more about e-marketing, with an overview of e-marketing.
Let’s first start off by finding out what e-marketing is.
e-Marketing is similar to digital marketing and online marketing, but with a focus on building relationships with people.
E-marketing is about understanding the buyer and needs of customers. e-Marketers facilitate transactions between buyers and sellers through digital communication channels, e.g., email, online chat, text messaging or social media applications.
Advantages to e-Marketing
There are many advantages to e-marketing. Some of the main advantages e-marketing offers business owners and marketers include:
1) An e-marketer can reach a much larger audience and e-marketers have the ability to reach consumers across the globe much easier and for less money than traditional marketing.
2) Marketing can be digitally customized for buyers e.g., online shoppers who have an interest in a specific product or service, e.g., contact lenses, art deco lamps etc..
3) e-Marketing allows the company to be in front of customers 24/7/365.
4) e-Marketing enables marketers and business owners to have conversations with consumers as they are learning about the product or service. This allows the buyer to become familiar with the brand in a helpful way.
5) e-Marketing is cost effective, because marketers are able to reach buyers digitally and generate sales/revenue online through online channels.
6) e-Marketing enables marketers to enhance their online presence by creating quality content (e.g., articles, videos, e-books, tutorials, etc.).
7) e-Marketing enables marketers to communicate faster with their existing customers and increase customer retention rates.
8) e-Marketing creates a more positive brand, familiarity, reputation, trust, and confidence.
Common misconceptions about e-marketing:
Common perception: E-marketing is only meant for businesses engaged in selling products & services online. The buzzwords like SEO, PPC, SMM and so on make many consumers skeptical about this concept.
That is where a lot of myths about this digital marketing platform have crept into the consumers’ minds over a period and that has led to wrong perceptions.
In reality, e-marketing is just a process in which consumers from all walks of life are targeted by creating content that they find easy-to-access and most importantly applicable for their everyday lives using the universal language “Internet”.
This process can work well even on business sectors like manufacturing, service, NGO, and so on.
So, e-marketing is not only for businesses selling products & services online but it can be used by anyone who wants to drive traffic to their websites or blogs . Even if a business is offline, it can reap great benefits through e-marketing.
An entrepreneur can create content in the form of web pages for his business and increase awareness about new products/services to customers online through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
e-Marketing is the easiest way to reach out to billions of people on a daily basis.
While it is the only portal that gives you access to billions of people, however it requires time and a lot of efforts in order to reap the benefits.
Like every other field e-marketing also demands certain skills in order to be successful, but those are easily learnable. If you can drive a car, you can learn pretty much any skill.
Now that you know what e-marketing is, it’s time to look at the next step.
How can I begin digitally marketing my business?
That is the first question that pops up in one’s mind when he or she begins to understand the huge potential of e-marketing.
The best answer is to learn as much as you can and always have the mentality of a hungry student. Now that you aren’t asking yourself, “what is e-marketing,” you can seriously focus on applying these aspects to your business.
Click here to access a 25 minute video that will change how you view entrepreneurship and set you on the path to becoming a successful entrepreneur.